+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18″ x 22″
( ) = indicate requirements for small size tote
- Exterior fabric, 5/8 yard (1/2 yard)
- Lining fabric, 1 1/4 yards (1 yard)
- Pocket fabric, 1 1/4 yards (1 yard)
- Accent fabric (includes binding and handles, 1/2 yard)
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (20″-wide), 1 1/2 yards
- Fusible Mid-weight Interfacing (44″-wide), 1 yard
- ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable (or Pellon FlexFoam -20” wide), 1/2 yard or 1 yard of Pellon
- 18” separating “Jacket” zipper (14” for small)***
- 10” non-separating zipper for tote back (7” for small)
Recommended Fabrics: Cotton Canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim, twill, home dec or quilting cotton for exterior. Quilting cotton for lining and pockets.
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, (2) 1/4” x 5” strips of leather/ribbon for zipper pull(s), denim needle, (1) size 24 pronged metal snap set, *** = can substitute 2-3 additional sets of snaps if not installing zipper, snap setting tool, binder clips, pinking shears, washable fabric glue stick, 25mm bias tape maker, ¼”-wide fusible web tape
Supply sources (with links) included in the pattern file.
- Download links expire after 12 months or after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a 9-page PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements, full-size template, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with over 40 detailed illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Maker’s Totes made using this pattern (on a home based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- If you choose PayPal’s e-check option, the instant download will take 5-7 days for the e-check to clear and for the instant download link to be sent.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the ‘Don’t have a Paypal Account?’ link.