Campfire Messenger Bag Pattern
Get organized with this classic styled messenger bag. There are ample pockets and space for everyday use.
- Feature your favorite print on the Flap
- Adjustable strap
- Zippered, pleated and slip pockets
- Optional top zipper closure
- Hardware flap closure, plus two alternate closure options!
Want to see more examples? Check out #campfiremessengerbag on Instagram!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 9½” W, 11½” H, 2½” deep at base
Materials needed:+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18" x 22"
- Exterior fabric, 3/4 yard
- Lining fabric, 3/4 yard
- Flap fabric, FQ
- Accent fabric (binding, strap, slip pocket, zip pocket lining), 3/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101), 2 yards
- Fusible Fleece or ByAnnie's Soft and Stable, 1/3 yard
- 6" non-separating zipper
- 12" non-separating or separating zipper (optional top closure)
- Size 24 Metal Snap, 2 sets
- ½" x 1" Metal Rectangle, 4*
- 1" Metal Strap Slider
Alternate Closures: (4) 1” D-Rings and 1”x 16” scrap leather, or use fabric instructions (and * = omit 2) OR (2) tuck locks (and * = omit 2)
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape, (2) 1/4” x 5” strips of leather/ribbon for zipper pull(s), denim needle, snap setting tool, 3/4”-wide sew-in hook-and-loop tape or additional size 24 metal snap (for optional flap and/or back pocket closure)
Supply sources (with links) included in the pattern file.
For Digital (PDF) pattern:
- Please download (and save) the pattern file to your computer!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This PDF pattern consists of full-size pattern piece for all non-rectangular pieces (some of which will be pieced together before cutting fabric), rectangular pieces with rotary cutting instruction/measurements (no printing necessary!) for all other pieces, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- The file is and instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address. After purchase is complete you will also be redirected to a page with the download link.
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), a label sheet for keeping organized, full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag. Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished sewn items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.