Yarrow Wristlet & Pouch Pattern
You’ll love this versatile pattern. It’s a satisfying sew, has fun details, and makes a great gift! The Wristlet is perfect for running errands or using as a wallet in a larger bag (hint - it works perfect in my Sandhill Sling!). The Pouch is great for a smaller wallet or to keep small items organized - plus it's sooo cute! The Wristlet has an interior zippered pocket and card slots, and the Pouch has a pocket and one card slot to keep everything tidy and easy to find.
- two fun sizes to sew! Wristlet and a Pouch!
- take your pouch making to a new level - with a fun curve! This pattern is geared for an Intermediate level sewist!
- uses small pieces of fabric - perfect for using up those Fat Quarters in your stash!
- both sizes include interior card slots and pockets, the Wristlet includes an interior zippered pocket
- Wristlet is perfect for running errands or using as a wallet in a larger bag
- Instructions included for making wrist strap from fabric or leather!
- 4" Zipper for Wristlet available here (interior pocket)
- 12" Zipper for Wristlet available here (main closure)
- 8" Zipper for Pouch available here (main closure)
- Wrist Strap Hardware kit available here (antique brass & nickel)
- leather wrist strap available here
*PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is written for fixed-length zippers (not zipper by the yard, if using zipper by the yard please add 1.5" to the length of each designated zipper), specific notes are noted within the pattern.
Skill Level: INTERMEDIATE BAG MAKER!!!!! (having knowledge of zipper pouch construction will be helpful, confidence in topstitching and working with zippers is a must!)
Approx. Finished Dimensions:
- Wristlet: 8 ¾” wide, 1” deep, 5” tall [22.2 x 2.5 x 12.9 cm]
- Pouch: 5 ½” wide, 1” deep, 4” tall [14 x 2.5 x 10.2 cm]
Materials needed: See image for list.
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) or medium weight cotton or cotton/linen fabric for exterior fabric . Quilting cotton for Lining fabric.
^Dry Oilskin or cork may be used for exterior fabric, omit medium-weight fusible (for wristlet) and do not interface the exterior fabric pieces. See notes in cutting instructions.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, pinking shears, (optional ½” x 18”/45.7 cm leather for wrist strap, (optional for wristlet if using leather wrist strap) one 8mm rivet & corresponding setting tool
(*= handbag zipper is 1 ¼”/3.2 cm -wide, can substitute zipper by-the-yard/continuous zipper tape) - metal zippers not recommended for main closure
Featured Fabrics are Dry Oilskin by Merchant & Mills, Kitchen Window Woven by (Elizabeth Hartman) Robert Kaufman Fabrics, Quarry Trail by Anna Graham
For Digital (PDF) Pattern:
- Download (and SAVE) the pattern file to your computer.
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This PDF pattern contains a combination of pattern pieces and rotary cutting instructions/measurements (metric & imperial), printable label sheet for keeping organized (metric and imperial measurements), PLUS printable templates for rectangular pieces, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- The file is and instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address.
- After purchase is complete you will also be redirected to a page with the download link.
For Paper (printed) pattern:
The PAPER pattern version includes: instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations. Includes BOTH a full-size template pattern sheet AND rotary cutting instructions/measurements (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces!!!), and a label sheet (metric and imperial label sheets both included) for keeping organized, all tucked into a resealable poly bag.
Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham/ www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
Copyright © 2022 Anna Graham, Noodlehead, Inc. All Rights Reserved.