Poolside Tote Pattern
The Poolside Tote is ready for all your adventures!
- it's roomy! I can fit 4 beach towels and more in mine!
- two pocket options, zippered closure or a slip pocket (or you could do both - one on each side)
- fun accents to show off your favorite quilting cotton prints
- key loop
To see more examples of the Poolside Tote from other makers, check out #poolsidetote on Instagram!
Note on interfacing: Within the pattern I give several options for interfacing choices depending on what fabrics you're using and what type of bag you like. Heavy weight fabrics with interfacing, Soft & Stable, or batting/cotton canvas are a few of the combinations you can choose from. There is more information and details on selection included in the pattern. *
Skill Level: Advanced beginner with an adventurous spirit.
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 7.5” D x 14.5” W across base, 14.5” tall, 23.5” including handle
Materials needed:Requirements based on 44” wide fabric.
- Exterior fabric 1 1/4 yards (1 yard if using 54’’ wide fabric)
- Lining fabric 1 1/4 yards (1 yard if using 54’’ wide fabric)
- Accent fabric (Handles, pocket lining) 3/4 yard
- Accent fabric (facing) 1/2 yard
- 10” zipper* (optional)
- twill tape or ribbon 1” wide 4.5’’ piece
- *fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20’’ wide) 2 3/4 yards
- swivel clasp (1’’) or d-ring (1’’)
*PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is written for fixed-length zippers (not zipper by the yard, if using zipper by the yard please add 1.5" to the length of each designated zipper)
Recommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for accent fabrics.
For Digital (PDF) pattern:
- Please download (and save) the pattern file to your computer!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This PDF pattern has full-size pattern pieces that will be taped together before cutting fabric, rotary cutting instruction/measurements for rectangular pieces, includes detailed step-by-step instructions, and professional illustrations.
- The file is and instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address. After purchase is complete you will also be redirected to a page with the download link.
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, full-size pattern sheet and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for rectangle pieces, full-color cover, all tucked into a resealable poly bag. Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Poolside Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.