Haralson Belt Bag Pattern
A belt bag that’s perfect for everyday use. Compact and easy to wear across the front or back of body. Great bag for travel and security. Multiple flap hardware closure options for maximum versatility. The back zippered pocket is perfect for your phone, with a spacious interior with zippered pocket inside!
- perfect for running errands or while traveling, stays close to body
- back zippered pocket secures most important items (phone/keys)
- roomy interior with zippered pocket
- Instructions included for making closure using leather/cork/faux leather! Plus, instructions for making the closure with different hardware options!
- ***VIDEO sew-along available here!
Get the following supplies from my shop:
- 6" Zipper* (interior zipper pocket)
- 8" Zipper* (back zipper pocket)
- crossbody strap kit available here (antique brass & nickel) it's called the Redwood kit, but is the compatible kit for the Haralson as well
- front closure hardware kit
- leather for front closure
- chicago screws
- 1"-wide webbing (you'll need to order a quantity of 2!)
* zipper length is a fixed-length zipper, instructions are given if using zipper by the yard/continuous zipper
Skill Level: Intermediate
Approx. Finished Dimensions:
- 9½” wide by 2” deep, 7” tall [24.1 cm x 5.1 cm x 17.8 cm]
Supplies & Notes:
See image for full fabric & materials list.
Recommended Fabrics: Mid-weight Canvas (6-8 oz. weight), cotton twill, OR dry oilskin/waxed twill for exterior and accent fabrics. Quilting cotton for lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue or glue pen, pinking shears, three rivets (or chicago screws) if using leather closure
^ 1/3 yd [30 cm] required if making a single-(exterior) fabric bag
* you can substitute by-the-yard zipper/continuous zipper, you’ll need ½ yd [45 cm] total and two pulls
~ Alternate closure hardware options: (1) turn lock OR (1) Loxx fastener OR (1) 18mm magnetic snap
Featured Fabrics are by Rashida Coleman-Hale for Ruby Star Society
For Digital (PDF) Pattern:
- Download (and SAVE) the pattern file to your computer.
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This PDF pattern contains a combination of pattern pieces (printed templates) and rotary cutting instructions/measurements (metric & imperial) for a few rectangles, printable label sheet for keeping organized (inches and cm), and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with professional illustrations.
- The file is and instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address.
- After purchase is complete you will also be redirected to a page with the download link.
For Paper (printed) pattern:
- The PAPER pattern version includes:
- instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations
- full-size pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces, and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for rectangular pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces)
- metric and imperial measurements for your convenience
- all tucked into a resealable poly bag
- Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham/ www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
Copyright © 2023 Anna Graham, Noodlehead, Inc. All Rights Reserved.