Caravan Tote & Pouch Pattern
Caravan Tote & Pouch! A useful and sturdy tote with lots of great organized storage. You’ll be ready to go whenever life calls. Cute coordinating zippered pouch included!
- Exterior zippered pocket and exterior flap pocket
- Knitting needle slip pocket & yarn guides
- Bonus Zippered Pouch
- Mix and match your favorite prints!
Want to see more examples? Check out #caravantote on Instagram!
Skill Level: Advanced beginner to intermediate (depending on what features you choose to include)
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 14” H x 14½” W, 23” including handle, 5” D; Pouch: 7” H x 10¾” W
+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18" x 22"
- Exterior Fabric ¾ yard (½ yard if not making pouch)
- Contrast Top/Pocket Fabric ½ yard
- Zippered Pocket Lining Fabric ¾ yard
- Lining Fabric ½ yard
- Lining Center Panel Fabric FQ
- Interior Slip Pocket Fabric FQ
- Handle Fabric** ¼ yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20’’ wide) 2 ¾ yards
*PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is written for fixed-length zippers (not zipper by the yard, if using zipper by the yard please add 1.5" to the length of each designated zipper and see notes within instructions)
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, ¼”-wide fusible web tape (optional), cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, seam sealant, turning tool, (2) ¼” x 5” scraps of leather/ribbon for zipper pull, denim needle, snap setter, grommet setter
Recommended Fabrics: home dec, heavy linen, denim, canvas, twill, duck cloth, for exterior and lining. Quilting cotton for lining.
For Digital (PDF) pattern:
Please download (and save) the pattern files to your computer! You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
This pattern is delivered as 4 PDF files (instructions, print-at-home, print-at-home assembly guide, and A0 file).
- PDF pattern includes:
- measurements for all non-rectangular pieces, full-size printable pattern pieces for all non-rectangular pieces, label sheet to help keep you organized!
- optional Print-at-Home Letter/A4 file for ALL pattern pieces
- optional A0 file for printing at a copy shop
- detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations
- The file is an instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address. After purchase is complete you will also be redirected to a page with the download link.
For Paper (printed) pattern:
Paper pattern version includes:
- instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations
- pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all other pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces)
- full-color cover sheet, all tucked into a resealable poly bag
- Paper pattern is shipped via USPS.
Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished sewn items made using this pattern (on a home-based scale), credit to Anna Graham www.noodle-head.com is appreciated!
NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.