Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric. Fat quarter = 18” tall x 21” wide
- 1/2 yard Exterior Fabric (two fat quarters may be used)
- 1/3 yard Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap)
- 1 yard (¾ yard if using non-directional fabric) Lining Fabric
- 2 1/2 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 6” zipper* for front pocket
- (1) 12” zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider (kit available here)
- 2” x 11” piece of heavyweight interfacing for Reinforced Base (Pellon Peltex 72F or equivalent recommended)
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Accent and Lining.
**Waxed canvas may also be used for exterior fabric, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to 1 ¾ yards and do not interface the exterior fabric pieces.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue pen (Sewline glue pen is my favorite), (optional) two ¾”-wide x 15” long leather handles and eight 8mm rivets/setting tool, (optional) two ¼” x 5” pieces of leather/ribbon for zipper pulls
(*pattern assumes zipper tape width of 1”)
- Please download the pattern file to your computer!!!
- You will have 9 download attempts, keep in mind each time you open to view the file counts as an attempt.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements (all pieces are rectangular, saves time and materials!), label sheet to keep you organized, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Redwood Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the ‘Don’t have a Paypal Account?’ link.