Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
¾ yard (½ yard if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ yard Contrast Bottom Fabric
1 ½ yards Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
3 ½ yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″-wide)
- 1 yard Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide) ^
(2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings & (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
(1) 8” zipper for front zippered pocket
(2) 1″-wide d-rings
Recommended Fabrics: Waxed canvas (10-12 oz. weight), cork fabric, cotton canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim for exterior and contrast bottom fabrics (quilting cotton may be substituted for exterior fabric requirement, add ½ yard of 6-9 oz. weight 44”-wide cotton canvas/duckcloth for stabilizer and an 18” square of low-loft cotton batting). Quilting cotton for lining fabric.
^=omit if using waxed canvas/cork
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen (Sewline glue pen is my favorite), size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, (optional) 9” length of 1”-wide cotton webbing/leather (replaces Hang Loop cut from Lining fabric), (if using quilting cotton for exterior fabric requirement) quilter’s spray baste, hera marker, walking foot
- Download links expire after 12 months OR after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check your email address listed in your PayPal profile (or email address you entered), the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements, printable label sheet to keep you organized, and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Range Backpacks made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- If you choose PayPal’s e-check option, the instant download will take 5-7 days for the e-check to clear and for the instant download link to be sent.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the ‘Don’t have a Paypal Account?’ link.