Wool + Wax Tote PDF Pattern
Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
A classic and sophisticated tote featuring waxed canvas. This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Don't let the name fool you, this tote is great in all types of fabrics (see recommended fabrics below)!
- divided front pocket
- interior slip pocket
- tips for working with waxed canvas
- links for sources
Skill Level: Beginner
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 13” W, 15” H, 3” deep
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
- 1/2 yard contrast bottom fabric
- 2 1/4 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20" wide)
- (2) 1”-wide leather handles or cotton webbing, 28” long
- Optional: (3) 8-9 mm double cap rivets and setting tool
Recommended Fabrics: Waxed canvas for contrast bottom. Cotton or blended canvas, waxed canvas, denim, wool, twill, home dec for Exterior and Lining.
*If substituting regular canvas for contrast bottom, additional interfacing may be needed for desired structure (½ yard of byAnnie’s Soft and Stable recommended).
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, chalk or water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, size 14 or 16 denim needle
- Download links expire after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- This is a PDF pattern with rotary cutting instructions/measurements and includes detailed step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations.
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Wool + Wax Totes made using this pattern (on a home-based scale).
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the 'Don't have a Paypal Account?' link.