Sidekick Tote PDF Pattern
Please note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
I love using this bag! The exterior pocket is just perfect. I don't think I'll ever carry another bag that doesn't have an exterior pocket, you just NEED one. It's a perfect spot to stash your phone, keys, and even a pair of sunglasses. Make it patchwork or use a single print, it's beautiful either way. Best of all, the recessed zipper keeps everything safely inside. Wear it over your shoulder or cross-body style, the adjustable strap lets you choose. Great for those busy days of errand running or kid chasing!
- 2 tote sizes to make
- recessed zipper
- 2 exterior pocket styles
- adjustable strap (perfect for cross-body wearing)
In this pattern you'll find:
- step-by-step instructions with detailed professional illustrations
- full size print-at-home pattern pieces
Approx. Finished Dimensions: Small: 12” tall by 12.5” wide Large: 14” tall by 13” wide
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate
- 3/4 yard exterior (1 yard if using single fabric strap)
- 3/4 yard lining
- Fat Quarter (18''x 22'') Accent fabric (interior slip pocket and bias tape trim)
- Fat Quarter (18''x 22'') Accent fabric 2 (exterior pocket and flap)
- 1 1/2 yards fusible woven interfacing - Pellon SF101 (1 3/4 yards if using single fabric strap)
- 12” zipper
- 1.5” adjustable strap slider and 1.5'' rectangular ring
- hook & loop Tape (Velcro) 3/4” wide by 1.25” long OR 14mm magnetic snap
- water soluble pen
- walking foot is helpful
- size 16 needle (most helpful for topstitching)
- ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter
- Download links expire after 9 download attempts. Please download the pattern file to your computer for future use.
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. Please be sure to check the email address you entered at checkout, the instant download link will be sent to that email address (a receipt screen with the download link will also pop up after you complete the transaction).
- Sell finished items! You (the purchaser of this pattern) can sell finished Sidekick Totes made using this pattern (on a home based scale).
- This is a 20 page PDF pattern with full size print-at-home pattern pieces (some of which will be taped together after printing), and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with detailed illustrations.
- NOTICE: It may not be possible to download a PDF file directly to your iPad or Android tablet/mobile device without a download app. I use Acrobat Reader in combination with Dropbox to download files using my mobile device.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to purchase, simply enter a debit or credit card at checkout by clicking the 'Don't have a Paypal Account?' link.