I figured it would be a good time to share my newest finish, my project size Firefly Tote that I made during the Firefly Tote sew-along! It’s my Summer Firefly Tote! Summer has been filled with all kinds of activities for our family. I’m thinking August might be the month where I am looking forward to sewing a few more things for fun!
Thank you to everyone who joined along during the sew-along (we wrapped up on July 13th, 2021). More importantly, I’m excited to do more! Let me know in the comments what pattern you would want to sew along with next
This post is available now to make the sew-along accessible to anyone who needs it. In other words, even though this sew-along isn’t currently happening, you can still follow along at whatever pace you need, whenever you need it!
Links to the Sew-along
Below are the links to the newsletters that went out weekly as part of the sew-along. All newsletters contain a step-by-step video aside from Week 4’s wrap up post.
Looking for supplies for your Firefly?
- 1″-wide cotton webbing (for the project size you’ll need one yard, for the tote size you’ll need 2 yards) or of course lengthen or shorten to your desired length!
- 1″-wide leather handles (FOR TOTE SIZE: choose the 28″ length, feel free to shorten them down to the suggested 25″ length or leave at 28″) (FOR PROJECT SIZE: choose the 18″ length for the recommended length or go longer if you want!)
- Zipper for front pocket (6″ zipper for the Project size, 7″ for the Tote size)
- Chicago screws, for anyone who doesn’t want to use rivets. Available in sets of four in Antique Brass. Instructions for how to install chicago screws are shown in Week 3’s video.
- Drawstring cord (3-yard pack) for drawstring closure (available in natural and three colors)
- Twill tape (3-yard pack) for drawstring closure
This Summer Firefly Tote sewed up really beautifully thanks to these gorgeous fabrics:
Thank you so much for your support! I can’t wait to see your Firefly Totes! Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@noodlehead531) and use #FireflyTote