fear and creativity
I feel like I’ve been developing certain fears about my creativity. It’s been holding me back, now and then I’ve found myself at my desk wanting to start a project and not being able to because I’m scared I might screw it up and waste a bunch of time in the process.
I have other fears too:
- fear that I won’t be able to keep up, with my family, my job, my blog, with the 8 gazillion other awesome bloggers out there
- fear that I’m not using my time wisely, like I should be doing ‘this’ instead, etc.
- fear of creating something someone else has already done and I’ll be accused of copying
- fear of failing
- fear that people won’t like what I made
- fear that I’ll use my favorite fabric and not like how a project turns out, this one’s kind of sad, but true
I think papernstitch
had a great video post on her greatest fear, check it out here
Here’s a great article
on etsy about fearless creativity. Hopefully I can spend some time and figure out how to move past my own unjustified fears.
And lastly, something a little off topic, but there’s a great discussion going on over at CraftyPod
, some thought provoking articles:
I originally popped over to that discussion from The Long Thread
‘s post here
. It really makes you think…
Do you have fears that hold you back?