I think I’ve waited for at least 7 years to finally get a headboard for my bed. The best part is that I made it myself, and I’m so happy with it.
Upholstered in my favorite home dec print, Heath, which just happens to go along with my wall color nicely.
I followed the basic directions from this post
originally found over at Remodelaholic
. The only changes I made were making it a simple rectangle and using 1″ foam (because, dang, 2″ foam is pricey). I think the 1″ works for our needs anyway and at half the price, we’re good to go.
The plywood is actually some leftover scrap from another project, so I think the total cost of the headboard including fabric (and protecting it with scotch guard) was about $50, not too shabby.
Now I’d better get back to work on the new pillows I’m making for our bed….