- Medium Brown and cinnamon (current cinnamon is a new updated color, it won’t match previous cinnamon purchases prior to Nov. 23, 2017) colors are a 3-4 oz. weight leather, most* home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather.
- Rustic color is a 4-5 oz. weight leather, some (but not all) home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather.
- Natural color is a 5-6 oz. weight leather, some (but not all) home sewing machines should be able to sew through the leather. This vegetable tanned leather will darken to a beautiful amber color over time with exposure to sunlight and general use. The sides have been beveled and lightly hand-burnished for durability and longevity and a light coat of oil has been applied.
Sewing with leather:
- I advise using a leather needle or topstitching needle of a size 14 or 16 and polyester thread for sewing the leather into a seam.
Leather is sourced from a US tannery and hand cut by me. Please be aware that colors do vary from monitor to monitor, I have tried my best to accurately capture the leather’s true color. Leather is a natural product, minute blemishes may be present.
* I cannot guarantee that your specific sewing machine will be able to sew through either weights of leather.
Pieces are shipped USPS First Class. Please contact me if you require a different shipping method.