sewing

New Pattern! The Redwood Tote

Redwood Tote Pattern - NoodleheadSo happy to introduce to you my newest pattern, the Redwood Tote! Yayyyyy!!!! I think you’re going to love making it and even better yet – using it! It has some really fun features that I know you’ll appreciate:

• front zippered pocket
  • top zipper for keeping everything secure
  • back slip pocket
  • interior slip pocket
  • crossbody adjustable strap
  • short handles for easy grab and go
  • reinforced base!

Click here to buy the pattern

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

Back View

The Redwood Tote is a zip top crossbody bag. It has short handles too, which are so handy! I just love using mine. The front zippered pocket is where I keep my phone and small wallet (my Minimalist wallet to be exact). And the back has a super convenient slip pocket where I stash my keys. I love that it’s next to my body and that both pockets are easy to use.

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

The inside has a divided slip pocket to keep a few essentials and the main compartment is nice and roomy! The zipper opens nice and wide so it’s easy to find what you need.

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

Interior view, divided slip pocket

And! Don’t forget the reinforced base! It’s a fun detail that looks great but also functions as a stable base. It’s really fun to see it come together, too!

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

Reinforced Base

It has so many great possibilities with all sorts of fabric combinations. I love that if you want, you can split the exterior into two different fabrics. It makes for a fun visual impact. It’s really fun to make and I just can’t stop! So plan on seeing tons more plus my testers made sooo many gorgeous versions, too. Excited to show them off here next week.

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

Antique Brass Redwood Tote Hardware Kit

I also put together a hardware kit in both nickel and antique brass, so if you need hardware be sure to pick one up. I also have the zippers needed, too! And leather: (15″ for the short handles (3/4″-wide), 56″ for the crossbody strap (1″-wide))

Redwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

Alternate View using 2 Fat Quarters for Exterior Fabric

Click here to buy the pattern

I can’t wait to see what you make! Please tag me on social media (@noodlehead531 on Instagram) and add #noodleheadpatterns #noodleheadredwoodtote, too!

Fabrics:

Denim/dots tote: Around Town Small Dots by Sarah Golden for Andover Fabrics, ‘wrong’ side of denim by Robert Kaufman Fabrics, lining is Carolina Gingham by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.

Alternate view tote: Harriot (Thick Woven in Spice) by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman Fabrics, Waxed canvas from AL Frances Textiles, lining is Kitchen Wovens in Slate by Elizabeth HartmanRedwood Tote Pattern - Noodlehead

12 thoughts on “New Pattern! The Redwood Tote

1. Kristin says:

I love it! This is exactly what I needed for my sketching trip to NYC a couple of weeks ago.

2. Tennille says:

I feel like you can do no wrong with your patterns. I will definitely try this one. I’m going to attempt it in leather I think. It looks like just the right size for the remnants that I have. I’ll keep you posted, literally 😉

And the blue blouse…have you tried pairing it with the shawl you made a few weeks ago? Are the blues in the same color family? I wonder if they’d work well together? I don’t know what it’s like in Wisconsin but here in Canada we still need a little extra warmth most days. Thanks so much for sharing your creations. I love checking in every week to see what you’re up to, especially when you release new patterns. I’ll be adding the redwood to my list of things to make.

PS How do you come up with the names of your bags? Maybe you should do a post about it??

3. Caroline says:

Yes! This is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for! Thanks!! So excited 😊

4. Kim B. says:

This is perfection! I’ve been wanting something just like this to slip in my backpack when I fly so I can have this bag with my stuff with me during the flight and then as a cute tote at my destination. With the zip top absolutely necessary!, thank you!!

5. Kristin says:

My only thing to say is “J’adore!” and “I can’t wait to make my own!!!”
    xoxoxoxo

6. LB says:

Your work is excellent. Love your bags!

7. Kathleen says:

Looks awesome. I have assembled the supplies to make the gingham tote from your book, now I think I want to make this one instead. Love the top zipper!

8. Sara says:

Anna, I love this new bag!! 🙂

9. Natalie says:

Would this be big enough to hold a 15-inch laptop?

1. Anna Graham says:

Hi Natalie, it’s a bit too small for a 15″ laptop. The Redwood Tote comfortably holds an 8.5×11 spiral notebook (plus more) just to give you an idea of a more common item that fits inside. Hope that helps!

10. Jessie says:

I love it Anna! Reminds me of a Madewell bag I have, which is the perfect size and shape so I really want to make this one now! Best wishes, Jessie

11. Dee says:

You have done it again Anna! I love this new bag! It’s definitely my kind of style and looks like the perfect everyday bag. Can’t wait to make my own!