Uncategorized

bag of the month: sewing up a Bye Bye Love Bag

I’m very happy to be included as a designer for the Bag of the Month club (my design comes out in May and I’m already excited about it!). I’m not sure why it really is that I love bags. I think it’s mostly because that I’m really picky about them. Most store bought bags in my price range really don’t appeal to me (now a good leather bag, can’t ever turn that down), but I always felt like things weren’t just right. So why not make your own?!

I had to try out the first Bag, Sara of Sew Sweetness put together this fun Bye Bye Love bag.  I really thought it would be a fun sew!

I had fun using the Soft And Stable (affiliate link) for the first time. It’s quite easy to sew with and adds so much structure. I think this bag could be tricky to make look ‘just right’ without some really steady topstitching skills. I even felt like I could have done better with the pockets, but overall I really like how it turned out.  And it’s super roomy!

I used Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in black for the main body and another grey linen blend that I had picked up at the Sewcial Lounge last summer. I think they pair nicely together. The lining is Quilt Blocks by Ellen Luckett Baker and some new Catnap by Lizzy House.

I modified the strap connectors and flaps slightly just to suit my taste.  And a little leather on the zipper pull seals the deal.

You can sign up for the Bag of the Month Club still!

23 thoughts on “bag of the month: sewing up a Bye Bye Love Bag

1. this looks great!! love the fabrics you picked out (as usual).

2. Jeni says:

So clean and sleek! Love that you kept the prints inside as a secret surprise! Love the new block look too!!

3. Megan says:

darn you noodle-head! I want to be like you when I grow up! 🙂

4. That turned out great!!

5. This bag is wonderful!
    It’s a very, very beautiful style work.

6. Ines says:

What a wonderful bag!
    I like the grey outside and the yellow inside very much!

Hugs from Germany
    Ines ♥

7. Wow Anna what a stunning bag!! It’s perfection!

8. Meghan says:

Wow! What a gorgeous bag! Love the fabrics.

9. Your bag is beautiful. The simple colours, zip and pattern alterations that you used really sell it well! I can’t wait to see your design 🙂

10. Katy Cameron says:

Love this! I never seem to pick sophisticated fabrics

11. Tamie says:

Love your bag. Your fabric selections are perfect and I can see myself carrying this (just in case you decide you don’t like it).

12. kristin says:

Oh it’s great! Love the fabric selection as always (can’t go wrong with YDB) and love the way the bag opens up when you unzip it. Cool stuff.

13. gret says:

Just beautiful, I love it.

14. Maria says:

I’ve still to sew mine but I will do it even if it means I end up doing two bags in February. I’m really looking forward to yours.

15. It’s beautiul, such attention to detail! Please can you tell me a bit about Soft and Stable when you have time, don’t think we get it here.

16. Your fabric selections are always spot on!

17. Anonymous says:

Love this bag. Just beautiful

18. Anonymous says:

Hi Anna
    Nic from Australia here. Can you tell me where you got your zipper and is it a seperating zipper ( like for a jacket) or doesn’t it matter? Cheers

19. Anonymous says:

My daughter has a bag that look very similar, I didnt want to pay the price she paid so I traced the shape of her bag to someday make myself one. I love your bag. I decided I will make mine by mothers day as a gift to myself

20. sanam arzoo says:

Beautiful! your making quilts looks amazing, I really like the qualifications material and all of the shiny shades.wow awesome bag selection.I am really like in it.If you have like this kinds of selection then I can offer them for you also.Beautiful Handbags