Dear Stella kindly sent me a pack of their collection Cleo to try out. I really love how forward their designs are. I can see a lot of their collections pulling inspiration from fabrics intended more for fashion. So I pulled out my favorite prints from the stack and got to work pulling together some different combinations.
There’s something just special about a collection of pouches, perfect for packing with all sorts of travel items. Of course there are a million other uses, but I really like them together as a group. A pretty modern group, check! These are all 3 sizes from my Open Wide Pouch Tutorial.
I also liked adding on these little leather strips on the pull tab. I simply looped the leather through the tab if it was big enough or wound a piece of thread around the leather and tied it off. Done and done.
The bottom contrast on all pouches is a Kaffee Fasset shot cotton (sorry, I’m not sure of the exact color!), the gray pull tabs and medium size pouch body is Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Gray.
Thanks Dear Stella!
I’m happy to share my latest pattern with you today: the Divided Basket Pattern. I was really excited after your response to the baskets I had made just before Christmas.
This is a really versatile pattern, a great basket for storing all sorts of goodies. It’s great for diaper storage, filling with gifts, knitting projects, and anything else you can dream up! You’ll want to make one for all your friends, I promise.
You can see my baskets in action:
Basket for Baby
Another Basket another Baby
Bathroom Divided Basket + Washcloths
The Divided Basket Pattern features:
- Structured basket
- Divided liner
- front pocket with two options
- two handle variations
- divider sewn in on both sides as well as bottom, no gaps for anything to slide through!
In the pattern you’ll find:
- step-by-step instructions with full color photos
- full size print-at-home pattern pieces
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric **2/3 yard if using 44″ wide fabric or directional print
- 1/2 yard lining
- fat quarter (18”x22”) for accent pieces
- 1 yard fusible interfacing (SF101 or Pellon 808 )
- 1 yard fusible fleece, Pellon 987F (optional) or substitute byAnnie’s Soft and Stable
- 1/2 yard cotton webbing for handles (optional)
Approx. Basket Dimensions: 13.5″wide, 7.5″ deep, 10.5″ tall including handles (7.5″ tall without)
By purchasing this pattern, you (the purchaser of this pattern) may sell Divided Baskets made using this pattern (on a home based scale). This is an 18 page PDF pattern with full size print-at-home pattern pieces and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs.
Remember I had that giveaway? of 33 of my favorite things? Well, I finally collected them all and shipped them off yesterday!
[click on the picture to enlarge ♥]
- Green Bee Quilt Pattern
- Shipping tags from Paper & Parcel
- Kawaii post its
- Clover Wonder clips
- gingham twist ties
- Marc Boutavant notecard
- Clif Z-bar
- grid post-it pad
- stamp from Happy Doodle Land
- leather lacing
- baker’s twine
- Dr. Bronner’s Tea Tree Oil soap
- Kraft tissue paper
- mini gel pens
- kraft envelopes
- liberty of london paperclip bookmark (made by me!)
- Jason Tea Tree Oil Gel
- Lindt truffle bar
- Knot & Bow kraft heart stickers
- Clover Seam ripper
- Kawaii stickers & Kawaii tin pencil case
- fabric (Bella by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham)
- Starbucks gift card
- Sharpie liquid pencil
- Aurifil thread
- Crayola Super Tips markers
- Hello Kitty button
- Wit & Whistle jotter
- Washi tape
- Method Orla Kiely soap
It was totally fun! And I could have come up with even more things (and I might have included a couple more just for fun). Hope you thoroughly enjoy them Chelsea! What would you have included?