Here’s Natalie in her ‘girlified’ Charlie Tunic. I just love Rae‘s patterns, they’re always so professional and well put together. Don’t get me wrong, there are so many talented pattern designers out there, but this one was really awesome and well thought out. There honestly wasn’t a detail left uncovered, and the pieces went together like a breeze. And don’t even get me started on all the lovely the options on this pattern, you know I love options!!
For her tunic I added a center pleat to the front and gathers to the sleeve. I also rounded the front placket, hoping that these little extra details would make it a little softer and girlie looking. It’s fun to make this version, but I definitely can’t wait to make one for my nephew.
Natalie’s not crazy about the shirt, so we’ll see if she’ll wear it much. I’m kind of disappointed she doesn’t like it more, but at least the fabric isn’t languishing in the fabric stash any longer. Although she did kind of warm up to it today, so that’s a good thing.
I’ve started on a similar one for Emily, and I can’t wait to finish it up to show you! Oh, and I had a few requests for more detailed information on my quilt, so I’ll be posting some info on that this week as well hopefully. Thanks for stopping by!