roman shades & curtain
I had been waiting and waiting and waiting to make these roman shades for my kitchen. I used Fly Through Our Window’s
tutorial for a fixed roman shade
. I had tried (and gave up) on making some for a different room with black out lining, so this time I just used white muslin on the back. I ended up sewing the main fabric and muslin into a tube and hemming the bottom and attaching the top from there. I also used spray starch for the first time, and I love it, it makes the fabric so much more cooperative!
I think it really brightens up the kitchen and they’re easy enough to change out when I get sick of them. I’m thinking I might make another set for when fall/winter rolls around.
Here’s a before shot of my kitchen just in case you’re curious. We updated the kitchen as soon as we moved in, it was definitely the first room in the house that needed attention.
I also made a really simple curtain for our back door. For me it just gets spooky at night when it’s dark and anyone can see in if they wanted to. So this is a nice solution for that. I love the swiss dot and I bought enough so I can make some clothes with it too, it’s so soft and lightweight.