Informational

How to Install a Turn Lock

How to Install a Turn Lock - Noodlehead

Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing a video of how to install a turn lock! Nothing fancy, but I hope it’ll help and give you a little more confidence when installing a turn lock for the first time. In the video I use a few supplies that I’ll list here:

Click here to watch the video!

I hope this will be helpful and that you feel comfortable installing a turn lock. The tote I featured in this tutorial as well as the picture above is the large size of my Explorer Tote Pattern (below is a pic of the small size).

Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

How to Install a Turn Lock - Noodlehead

8 thoughts on “How to Install a Turn Lock

1. Patti McGarry says:

Great tutorial! I usually use the tip of my scissor to poke the hole but the leather punch is much safer. Thanks for sharing!

2. Mary Morrison says:

Hi Anna. Any chance rain walk will be rereleased? It looks beautiful on big totes but is very hard to find. Thanks!

1. Anna Graham says:

Hey Mary! I don’t think it will, sorry. 🙁 I know my local quilt shop (Olive Juice Quilts) has some canvas as well as some quilting cotton remaining. If they don’t have it listed in their online shop I’m sure you could give them a call. 🙂

3. Audrey Lawrence says:

Love the leather handles did you buy or make them?

1. Audrey Lawrence says:

Oh okay I just saw the leather handles in the “shop” section

4. Renee says:

Anna, is there a benefit to using one over the other? Prong vs screw? Also, could the screw ultimately become loose? Thank you for the video!

1. Anna Graham says:

Hi Renee,
      I don’t think so really. For me, I feel like the screw in seems more ‘finished’ looking in the end, but that’s about all. Glad you asked about it coming loose, I meant to mention that you can use a dab of clear nail polish when you install the screw, that’ll keep it secure. 🙂

1. Renee says: