patchwork, sewing

colors of fall…indoors

wetfall
It’s kinda sad.  All the leaves in our neighborhood have fallen.  The tree in our front yard was the last to hold out.  It’s leaves turned a beautiful golden yellow and are now decorating our entire front yard beautifully.  I couldn’t resist going out to snap a few pics while it was raining this morning.
Just looking outside was enough inspiration for a color palette for some fresh new pillows for our bedroom.

I love the golden yellows and browns and everything else thrown in there.

And of course they’re made with an invisible zip, so they reverse to this pretty little number:
Innocent Crush, oh how I love this fabric.  There’s just something so different about it.  And Anna Maria’s color choices never disappoint, there’s really nothing like them out there.  Good in a way, but I couldn’t find anything in my stash to go with them, so I ended up using 7 of her prints and made this side a simple square patchwork.
So there are my pillows for the Pillow Challenge.  I think I’ll be on a pillow break for a bit (maybe).  Have a great weekend!

19 thoughts on “colors of fall…indoors

1. Vanessa says:

those are awesome! love the new headboard too.

2. Grandma G says:

They really add some gorgeous color to your room!

While you were getting rain, we got snow all day. Blech. It’s melting, though.

3. Love your two look pillows Anna! I was not thinking Innocent Crush at all when you said they reverse!

4. Care says:

I just bought a yard of the fabric on your left pillow, first picture. I loooove it! I haven’t decided what to do with it yet, but I just HAD to have it!

Your pillows are gorgeous. As usual!

5. Mary says:

Nice! I love how you can get two completely different looks. Your bed is looking good!

6. alayne says:

I love the colors and esp love the patchwork backs!! They really make the colors in the pics above your bed pop out at you.

7. QuiltyGirl says:

I love pillows, fun and fast gratification.
    I thought I was going to be able to resist this line for a bit longer, but not if people keep blogging about their fabulous creations! :)

8. I love the golden, warm colors. Perfect. I wouldn’t think of using 3 different pillows, but I love it. Looks great.

9. Angela says:

your pillows look gorgeous! i love all of your fabric choices, and it is so fun to have two completely different looks.

10. I can’t wait to see that fabric. I am so excited about the different fabric she uses.

11. Beautiful. My favorite is the gray with the rectangles of color. And I love that they reverse to the patchwork… great idea to change it up once in a while. By the way, love the color of your room.

12. These are all so great! I especially love the patchwork pillows. Great job! :)

13. ayumills says:

The patchwork pillows are beautiful! I agree with you on Innocent Crush collection. It is so different and neat! I haven’t had a chance to get it but now you inspired me to go get it soon!

14. nannergirl says:

Your pillows look amazing and I love that they reverse. I always have trouble storing extra pillow covers (i don’t have a lot of storage space). Thanks for the great idea!

15. I’ve got a bucket to collect all of my drool.

16. jayayceeblog says:

The colors are so vibrant and I love that they’re reversible. Beautifully done!

17. Val says:

Beautiful.

18. I love these pillows! You have such a great sense of color.

19. Marta says:

Where did you get this gorgeous headboard??